FREQUENTly ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where is PITaya Beach located?
Pitaya Beach is located close to the hotel area of Mahahual. All of the most popular hotels are located along the Malecon street next to the sea, with Pitaya Beach placed centrally on the Malecon. Just next "Capitania de Puerto".
- How do I reach PITAYA Beach?
From the cruise ship dock we always recommend to take a yellow cab OUTSIDE the port. Make sure to let your driver know where you are going. From most of the major hotels in Mahahual you reach us walking downtown to the Malecon, at the corner with Calle Martillo.
- Do you offer massage at pitaya Beach?
Yes, we have a massage area at the beach! You can schedule it during your check in. It costs 39.99 Usd per hour.
- What exactly is included in the various open bar packages?
The open bar package includes UNLIMITED cocktails, beers (craft not included) and shots with national alcohol.
- Do you use purified water and ice in all your cocktails and cooking?
Yes, our kitchen and bar only uses purified water and ice.
- Does the sunbeds have a rental cost per day?
If you don't book online the sunbed has minimum consume fee of 24.99 USD per day. The lounge chairs in the chilling area, bar area and the tables at the dining area have no fee.
- Do you provide showers with sweet water?
Yes there is a shower with sweet water available for our guests.
- Is all your staff English speaking?
Yes all our staff speaks English! We also have components of the staff who can speak Italian and French.
- Is your staff familiar with common food allergies?
Yes, please let your waiter know and we will attend to your needs.
- Are there any special activities offered for kids?
Snorkeling equipment for rent. The conformation of the reef is perfect for letting your kids go playing in the water on their own, as any possible waves are blocked from the reef located approximately at 150m away from the beach.
- How far away is pitaya Beach located from the cruise ship dock?
Approximately a 10 minutes taxi ride.
- What are the pitaya Beach opening hours?
Every cruise ship day from 10am to 7pm.
- Do you accept credit card payment?
Yes we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discovery and Amex.
- Do you offer a towel rental service?
No, we recommend to bring your own towel from the cruise ship or your hotel in Mahahual.
- Do you have lockers for valuables?
No, it is a very friendly and safe town, however, if you feel the need to keep your valuables somewhere else rather than at the beach, please speak to our staff and we will help you.
- Are pets allowed on the beach?
Yes, dogs, cats and iguanas are welcome to us at Pitaya!